At times each of us needs extra support. The parish has a group of volunteers, Helping Hands, who assist other parishioners, periodically -- sometimes once, sometimes over the course of several months. In addition to the usefulness of this program in a neighborly sort of way, the program builds strong relationships with other parishioners. Examples of how Helping Hands has aided parishioners:
- Someone was in the hospital and a home-cooked meal is delivered to the home.
- For a family with a new baby, Helping Hands brought a meal a week for a few weeks, to offer all some rest.
- Visits to elderly parishioners.
- Rides to the doctor for people who have a hard time with public transportation.
- Changing a light bulb that is too high for someone to reach.
- Bringing meals to a family when mom is ill.
- Grocery shopping.
- Rides to Sunday Mass.
- Walking with someone who had a stroke and needs some exercise.
- And the list goes on. . .
Contact us for more information or click to the right to access the Volunteer Form.